Yummy apple dog donuts that your pup will go crazy for aren’t as hard to make as you might think! No, we aren’t talking about these kinds of donuts . . .
NOT THESE DONUTS!
Although, many of the Low Rider dogs do, unfortunately, need these helpful donuts for a time as they heal from various surgeries and treatments. A lot of rescue dogs need medical treatments and even surgeries that have otherwise been denied them, but thankfully, because of our generous donors, they get those medical services and go on to live happy lives!
AND, although it looks like a good time, we don’t mean these super fun donuts either.
NOT THESE DONUTS!
We’re talking about these yummy apple dog donuts that your dog will surely drool over!
THESE – THESE ARE THE DONUTS
They are easy, healthy, and dogs love them. Don’t have a donut pan? Don’t worry, they aren’t too picky about how their treats look!
You can mix all these ingredients up in one bowl, pour, and bake. Then, the only problem is all the begging while you wait for them to cool!
Yummy Apple Dog Donuts
- 2 cups rice or coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce (no sugar – unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 apple diced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup *optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Grease donut cake pan (or make no-hole donuts in muffin tins)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Pour into cake pans, filling almost to top for larger donuts, less for smaller ones. Fill partly if using muffin pan. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then flip onto cooling rack.
- Repeat the process using all the batter.
- To ice, you can drizzle with Greek yogurt or a natural peanut butter – be sure to check for any Xylitol or “Birch Sugar” in peanut butter as this can be deadly to dogs.
Thank you so much for visiting our page! We believe healthy food can make all the difference for the little furry luv-bugs in your life and have seen it first-hand in so many rescued dogs!
We share this philosophy with our sister rescue and friends from – Broken Wiener Refuge.
Are you interested in more DIY dog recipes?
Subscribe to the list using the button at the bottom of the page to receive updates on new recipes we share. *Disclosure: Don’t worry! We protect your information. We’ll share important info along with new recipes – we’re in the rescue business, after all!
Help us make a difference in the lives of dogs, like Cody (pictured above) He came to us with a horrible problem called a prolapsed rectum, but he is young, and he’s such a good dog! Cody went through needed surgeries and eats a special diet (no donuts for him) to keep things moving properly. Cody was given a second chance at a good life, because of people, like you who are willing to give. Thank you for your consideration!
Subscribe for more terrific dog recipes – Donate to help dogs like Cody!