Homemade Bacon dog cookies are a special treat for your favorite canine. This DIY recipe is both easy and contains simple ingredients with a grain-free option.
If your dog tolerates bacon and shows no signs of gastrointestinal upset, you may feed it bacon in EXTREMELY small amounts. Mostly, you’ll want to save this super tempting, but salty, fatty, and highly processed pork product for the humans in your life. This recipe recommends tiny pieces of this human food only, but boy do they love it! Not recommended for dogs who need to lose weight, safe in moderation for others.
Homemade Bacon Dog Cookies
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose OR coconut for grain-free)
- 2 eggs (optional – grind up clean shells and mix into flour for added calcium)
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (regular or all-natural with NO artificial sweeteners *Xylitol is poisonous for dogs)
- sprinkle bits of water to help work dough, little at a time
- optional – add a small piece of crumpled bacon to each cookie – press into the dough (processed bacon meat is not good for dogs – use sparingly or leave off entirely if your dog eats food regularly with preservatives – if they are fed a raw diet or homemade and don’t get added preservatives, a little bacon treat won’t hurt)
- optional – for dogs who can eat grains without a problem, add 1/2 cup dry oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mix well, forming a dough.
- Sprinkle bits of water to moisten and work the dough as needed.
- Roll out into 1/4 inch slab. Cut into pieces or use a cookie cutter to make cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Makin’ Bacon – Little Bit Will Do It
Thank you to all who help bring home the bacon for Liw Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida.
Have you met Bandit?
Bandit is new to the rescue and needs medical attention for his teeth! The rescue will provide the necessary care–not just medical but also LOVE! Bandit needs good teeth to enjoy some delicious homemade bacon dog cookies. Every donation helps Low Rider provide medical treatment for dogs like Bandit. With an all-volunteer team and NO paid employees, overhead is low which allows us to help more dogs, like Bandit!
Sweet Bandit is now pending adoption! This means we have determined a best match for him and he’s waiting to meet his new family! Congratulations Bandit & Thank You all for supporting us and sharing our articles!